Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, April 15, 2010

"....To Stir You Up By Reminding You...."

"Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually. (Ps. 71:3)

In Jesus Christ, "
resort continually," is now, "Abide in Me and I in you." 

Back in the 1970s we had a man come to Christ who had a lot of problems.  One day no one could find him and I went out to look for him.  I found him walking along the road heading to our church building.  I stopped and asked him what he was doing.  He said he had to get to the church, that there was no help for him anywhere, only in the church. By that, of course, he meant the building. 

Many people today are like that, only a little more sophisticated.  They talk about "soaking," "getting into the presence," etc.  I have affirmed the Biblical principle many times before.  You will never be any closer, "soaking," "getting into the presence," than right there right now.  Of course you probably don't "feel" all the cliches now, but that does not change Who the Blessed Trinity is.  "
I am, that I am."  When you and I surrendered our lives to Jesus Christ, a great reality took place, "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God."  Jesus says, "....A slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever."  Brother Lawrence called it, "The Practice of His Presence," viz., the reality of His Presence, acceptance of His Presence.  He gave his life to get that reality into his spirit.

Father, Son, Jesus, and Holy Spirit are ever present, abiding, right there, right now, meetings, highway, hospitals, prisons, among the poor, third world nations, board meetings, Capitol Hill.  Oh, yes, indeed He is, no matter what the inferences from religionists.  The great reality of life in Jesus Christ is that He will never be any nearer, any closer, any more "present" than right now, right there for you.  Feelings, spiritual experiences will come and go.  Jesus Christ does not.  Here is a collage of the Words of Jesus.  "
Come to Me, all...Abide in me, and I in you....I will never, no never leave you nor forsake you.'"

Just before His ascension, Jesus said to His disciples, "
I am with you always."  The word translated, "with," literally means, "with, after, behind."  Glorious.

Father, in Jesus' Name, again, continue to write Your Word in my heart.  Amen.
********************************
Prophetic News:          www.apf327.blogspot.com


When an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive