Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Servant-Followers

"If anyone serves Me, let him follow me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him Father will honor." (John 12:26)

Three things I see here-- 1. Servants don't lead; they follow.  2. A servant-follower will always be where Jesus is, or, only Followers of Jesus know His Presence.  3. Father only honors those who follow and thereby serve Jesus Christ.  One of the definitions of, "honor," in the dictionary is, "grace; privilege: the [Prince] honored the ball with [his] presence."  This is the only honor I want.

I have used this text before.  It was the text which took us to Berlin.  It has been the text which takes me everywhere, and has from the beginning of my surrender to Jesus Christ, even if I did not know it was so.  It goes beyond what is commonly called, "the Great Commission," i.e., The Great Command.  It is not just, "'
Go,' for me."  It is, "Follow Me."  Following Jesus Christ has taken me everywhere I have gone in my life.  "Follow Me," took us behind the Iron Curtain, took me to Africa and Iran.  The, "Follow Me," of Jesus Christ took us to Berlin for a year.  While following can be dangerous and a usurper of a comfort zone, it is the only place to be really safe, and, have Our Father honor us with His Presence.  

It still amazes me that over 46 years of "full-time service," I have been to many Leaders' Conferences.  I have yet to attend a "Followers' Conference."  I guess I'll just have to do as the logo says------------ "Just do it!"

Father, in Jesus' Name, convict me every time I try to be a leader.  Amen.
*************************
Breaking Prophetic News:          www.apf327.blogspot.com
Jerusalem Watch:                    www.apfjerusalemwatch.blogspot.com
Prophetic Video:                         www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com


When an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive