Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"God is Good"-- Your Faith, or Whistling in the Dark

"As God lives, who has taken away my justice, and the Almighty, who has made my soul bitter...." (Job 27:2)

The Amplified says, "
Who has taken away my right and denied me justice, and the Almighty...has vexed and embittered my life...." 
This is the appraisal of a soul who perceives he is an abandoned child.  First, there is a "
justice," or, "right," which seems to have eluded him.  Second, the loss of that, "justice," or his "right" to his life, or, his perception of life, his desires and wants in life, seems to have led to his vexation and bitterness.  Even though you and I know how this "book" ends---------------------------- Job did not.

This is where you and I find ourselves from time to time throughout our lives.  Sometimes in the middle of the storms of life, it seems to us as in Acts 27, "
Since neither sun nor stars appeared for many days, and no small storm was assailing us, from then on all hope of our being saved was gradually abandoned."  But if we have "ears to hear," the Word of Jesus will always come to as it did to Paul and Job.

I woke up this morning with a great impression of the Word of God personalized to me.  "Nothing shall separate you from the love of God"-- nothing, nothing, absolutely, nothing.  This is how my online version of     the NASB records the Words of our Lord Jesus Christ to you and me from Hebrew 13, a further confirmation of His "Words" to His people throughout the centuries---"
I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU, so that we confidently say, 'THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?'" 

Now, "
As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered.  You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about.  The Lord is full of compassion and mercy." !! 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that Your Words show me I have no reason to doubt You.  Amen.
**********************************
Events are unfolded quickly:     www.apf327.blogspot.com
Jerusalem Watch:                    www.apfjerusalemwatch.blogspot.com


When an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive