Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Be Sure to Read Our Blog on Rising Tide of Anti-Semitism in the US

"Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]." (Hebrews 11:1, Amplified Bible)

My reading this morning had me in Hebrews 11.  What Follower of Jesus Christ is not familiar with this text?  Yet so many do not grasp the reality of our text, that the "
proof" of faith is our believing, our accepting, and, the refusal to accept anyone or anything else other than the testimony of, the "God-Breathed" Word.

I repeat, Faith is accepting the "
God-Breathed" Word, and refusal to believe anyone or anything else.  If my life is so lived, it will be, according to Hebrews 11, the best, "evidence," the best, "assurance," that God is, and a rewarder of those who "earnestly and diligently seek Him."  Our faith (Can we accept this?)-- our faith is, "the proof."  The speculations of, "science falsely so-called," the reprobates on MSNBC and "The View" can all keep talking and arguing. It is nothing but empty stupidity as far as the Living Triune God is concerned.  In various translations, Proverbs 10:8 says, "The wise in heart will accept and obey commandments," or, "If you have good sense, you will listen and obey, but the foolish of lips, a chattering fool, a babbling fool, a prating fool, a talkative fool, will fall headlong, be ruined." 

It's our choice today; whom and what will we believe? 
Your faith in Jesus Christ and His Words is all the proof you need to know the truth and unshakable firm foundation of the Word of God.  This is a scary thought, but true.  You and I control how our environment affects our life today----------- by our faith.  Now don't get all super spiritual with me.  That religious spirit wants to say, "Oh, no, no, it has nothing to do with me.  It is all God."  Well, then I guess Hebrews 11 was not inspired, nor 1 John 5:4--- "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world.  And this is the victory that has overcome the world----- our faith." 

I am an Armenian Calvinist, that is, I believe that Jesus Christ rules
the universe "
by the world of His power"--------------- but, I control whether Jesus and His Words rule in me.  It is my choice, my obedience, my surrendering to His purposes which will determine today and always who controls my thinking, my life-------------- my victory.  "....This is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith."

Father, in Jesus' Name, my faith chooses You and Your Word.  Amen.
****************************
There is an article which describes the rising tide of anti-Semitism in America at:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com


When Peter Torjesen, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive