Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Take On, "I Need Your Support"

"He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me....But the Lord was my support."  (Psalm 18:17, 18)
 
Our text cannot be uttered by the proud.  They think they are "too strong" for their enemies.  Beware the minister or any other people in your life who give you the sense of invincibility.
 
The humble are the only ones who realize that 2010 will be "too strong for me."  They are the only ones who realize that Jesus Christ is "my support." It is not just "faith" missionaries who need to remember this.  It is  applicable to all, especially those who have a regular pay check coming in.  All are in constant need of this reminder.  David was a mighty warrior.  But he never forgot that his support was not his youth or his strength, his bow or his sling, but a Person, the Lord, "my shepherd," the Lord Jesus Christ.
 
Remember this?-- "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock....It did not fall because it had its foundation on the rock."  This is another way of saying, "The Lord was my support."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, I start 2010 by affirming that You are, "my Support."  Amen.
***********************************
Prophetic News:                www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com
Devotional Archive:           www.apfdevotionals.blogspot.com  
 
When 18 year old Peter Torjesen "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive