Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, January 8, 2010

"Free and Undeserved"

"Then Jesus put out his hand and touched him.  'I am willing; be cleansed!'  Immediately his leprosy was cleansed." (Matthew 8:3)

This was Jesus' response to a leper who had just said to Him, "
Lord if You are willing, You can make me clean."  The great faith battle probably begins here-- "If You are willing."  I wonder how much our Lord Jesus Christ is "willing" to do for us, but the big, "if," rules.  Some times I have prayed, then thought, I really don't deserve this.  Once, it was as though I could hear our Lord say, "Since when did I ever do anything for you which you deserve?" 

Many times we don't believe God is willing to do something for us because we believe that what has happened is nothing but what we deserve.  My dear Fellow Disciple of Jesus, the Gospel, which is
Jesus Christ, His Person and His Work, was His idea not ours.  In all practicality, we so readily forget this.  "The Christ Event," the shedding of Jesus' Blood, his suffering and death on the cross, His resurrection from the dead was all in His Heart "from" eternity.  "
I am crucified with Christ," was not by my initiation.  It is by Jesus' invitation, an invitation to partake in the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, to become a child of God, "fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God!"  

I pray that you and I never, no never forget Paul's admonition to the Roman Church, "
And since it is through God's kindness, then it is not by their good works.  For in that case, God's grace would not be what it really is ----------------------------- free and undeserved."!!

Father, in Jesus' Name, "
free and undeserved," Oh, "how sweet the sound."  Amen.
****************************  
Must See Prophetic Film at: www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com
Prophetic News:                         www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com


Eighteen year old Norwegian, Peter Torjesen, "when he heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive