Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 11, 2010

My Reason For Living

"It is enough for a disciple that he be as his teacher, and a servant as his lord." (Jesus)

The word for, "
as," does not mean similar or nearly as.  It is just, "as."

Our text tells me something of my purpose for being here.  It is the purpose of our Father for every person on the planet, Jew, Muslim,
Hindu, Black, White, etc.  It is not
just the purpose for "Christians."  It is your purpose, sitting right there, right now.  Why not?  Does this not reflect the love of our Father for us, intending for us nothing less than a whole family with many children just "as" Jesus?!? 

The word translated, "
enough," is from a root Hebrew word which means, "to ward off, to be strong enough."  Jesus is telling us that if we want to "ward off" the attacks of doubt, slander, rejection, feelings of insufficiency, et. al., if I desire to "be strong enough" just for life itself, I need to be nothing less than, "as," Jesus Christ.  How wonderfully simply stated.  Literally, everything I can hope to be of "worth," of peace, of contentment, and joy, is mine when I am "conformed to the image of," to be, "as," Jesus Christ.  And what great joy to know today that this is Father's reason for us being here.

This is a life of, "
work out your salvation."  Yet I can think of no greater pursuit for humanity than to "be as [the] Teacher and...as [the] Lord."  Press in to the Living Triune God to have not so much a greater understanding as a greater----------- "that he be as," Jesus. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I admit that I don't fully grasp this, but I fully want this---------- "
as."  Amen.
*********************************
Must See Film:                    www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com
Latest Prophetic News:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com


Eighteen year old Norwegian, Peter Torjesen, "when he heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive