Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Did Not Our Heart Burn...While He Uttered Words?"

"Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: 'Behold, a sower went out to sow.'" (Matthew 13:3)

Jesus "
spoke many things to them," because His Words are, "life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh."  Jesus came to "sow" the Words of God in any soil who "bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."  The Word of God, "became flesh and dwelt among us," to produce in you and me the fruit of salvation, the fruit of the Spirit, the fruit of the lost coming to Jesus Christ.  And integral to this, "so great a salvation," is, "He sent His Word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions."  This is exactly what happened to me 40 years ago this summer. 

When we lost our oldest child, I desperately needed healing and deliverance, not the laying on of hands, or the, "come out in the Name of Jesus," kind, but the come-
in-in-the-Name-of-Jesus kind.  I needed what the German Pietists placed so much emphasis on, the indwelling, inseparable Word of God and Words of God continually sown in my heart, my very being.  I needed, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me and drink.  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, from within him shall flow rivers of living water."   

Over the last 40 years there have been times when it seems as though I can literally taste the Words of God, "
sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."  After Jesus left the Emmaus Road disciples, they said, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked (literally, "uttered words") with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures?"  You and I today can continually have the "uttered Words" of Jesus.  The only variable is a desire to avail ourselves of these "uttered Words" of the Sower.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for grace to bring forth what You have sown in me "
a hundred fold."  Amen.
*****************
New Prophetic Updates:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com
Must See Film:                    www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com


Eighteen year old Norwegian, Peter Torjesen, "when he heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive