Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"My Grace, All Sufficient" (From Hymn Below)

"They protested, 'Those fellows worked only one hour, and yet you've paid them just as much as those of us who worked all day in the scorching heat.'" (Matthew 20:12, Living Bible)
 
It is important to point out that earlier in the passage the landowner had, "agreed with the laborers for a penny a day."
 
This parable speaks, among other things, to today's economic philosophy. Notice that the decision was the landowner's, not that of some union or government.  Also, the question of the workers in this parable has to do with "fairness."  That is the deception argument of liberalism.  Basically, leftist believe that a man has no right "to do what I wish with my own things"
(v. 15)--- remember, "redistribution of the wealth?"  What even many gullible Christians don't realize is that owning a business and private property is Biblical.  Government interference and takeover of such is not
 
The problem with the union-minded workers in our text is what we all battle.  They thought that they should "have a say" in the landowner's decisions.  Not so.  The "landowner" is the one who made the investment and bears the ultimate responsibility; it is only right that he be the one who determines how the business should be run.  Yes, I am well aware of the issue of employees' treatment.  No problem-- it's covered in the Bible also.
 
Maybe, in affect, the landowner in our text is saying, "I have provided a living for all of you.  You should appreciate and be thankful for what you have."  We see this "principle" of The Landowner also in John 21.  "When Peter saw [John], he asked, 'Lord, what about him?'  Jesus answered, 'If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?  You follow Me.'"  The issue in both texts is not how our Landowner, Our Lord Jesus Christ, treats others.  It is how He treats you and me.  I am continually amazed at just how far His "penny" can go.
 
"How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in his excellent word!
What more can he say than to you he hath said,
To you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?

"Fear not, I am with thee; O be not dismayed!
For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid;
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my gracious, omnipotent hand.

"When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrows shall not overflow;
For I will be with thee thy trials to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

"When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flames shall not hurt thee, I only design
Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.

"The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell shall endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no, never, no, never forsake."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, I say a hearty, Amen.
*****************************************
News you need at:    www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com
 
 
When 18 year old Peter Torjesen "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive