Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"For The Kingdom"



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <Sforest@aol.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Subject: "For The Kingdom"
To:


"Then He said to them, 'Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure things new and old.'" (Matthew 13:52)

I use the NKJV unless otherwise noted, and the footnote in my Bible for the word, "
concerning," is, "for," but neither word is in the Greek text.  So I checked on the words for, "scribe," and, "instructed," and here is what I came up with-- "Every learner and writer who is a pupil, a scholar, and a disciple is to serve and live 'for the Kingdom.'"  It came to me with sobering clarity.  It was as though I could hear the Lord Jesus say this to me earlier this morning:  "The purpose of all that I have given you, your learning, your scholarship, your discipleship is 'for the Kingdom.' Now, keep going."

Of course we don't need to say the obvious.  Jesus "
came to seek and to save that which was lost."  He did not come to "use" us.  When people say, "I just want to be used of the Lord," I think I know what they are saying, but the Lord Jesus Christ is not a "user!"  Jesus is
Savior, Shepherd, Giver.  "
For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives...,"------ and gives, and gives.  Okay, we have established that.  But the "word" which came to me today is that I am not to have the attitude of a "taker."  My life, my "work," my everything is "for" Jesus Christ and "for the Kingdom of Heaven."

Here is "my" word today, a word which seems so foreign in today's religious culture.  "Every disciple of Jesus Christ is '
instructed for the kingdom of heaven...."  Today I gladly affirm that my instruction all my life, all that has been invested in me, is not for selfish pursuits, self glorification, or hope that people will say how wonderful are my devotionals, etc.  Every teaching, every miracle, every blessing, everything of which I am the recipient is only------- "for the Kingdom." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, what a word to my heart.  Grant me grace to walk in it, in You.  Amen.
************************************
News, commentary we need to walk prophetically @: www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on tour at TourTracker.com. (http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000006)

Blog Archive