Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, April 3, 2009

"Why, God"

"I will say to God, 'Do not condemn me; Show me why You contend with me." (Job 10:2)
 
Baffled to Fight Better is Oswald Chambers' summation of the Book of Job---- genius.  In our text, the baffled Job asks, "Why."  The word appears at least 25 times in the book.  And as you read Job, you discover a baffled saint surrounded by people who are just too happy to tell him the "why" of everything.  Don't you just love them?!  You are "in the valley of the shadow"--- they are not; yet they always seem to have an answer to the "whys" of your life.
 
Jobs friends and the young, presumptuous Elihu apparently had never suffered.  The person who has suffered is less likely to get into the theology of suffering.  There is a depth of suffering which has no answers found in books, and this includes The Book, the Bible.  When God finally responds to the "whys" of the suffering and baffled Job, there are no answers, just, "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?"  
 
The suffering soul needs to hear the Heart of Jesus, "'Before Abraham was, I AM.'  Stay (abide) in me and my words, and I will stay (abide) in you.  I was before this, and I will be after this.  And I promise you---------you will be after this also." 
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, deliver me from "why" living.  Amen.
****************************************
News, Commentary You Must Have to Understand the Times:
 
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2


Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.

Blog Archive