Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Nor Did He Blame God"

"Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God."  (Job 1:22)

You know the story of Job.  Some theologians believe it is only metaphoric.  They are either not reading all of the "
God-Breathed" Word, or living on some other planet.  Job's experience has been the experience of more people on earth than many want to acknowledge. 

The Charismatic renewal, while restoring much good to the Church also left a sort of assumption in many that if you do everything just right, life will be a rose garden.  Yet when the meetings wore off, reality set in and they saw that people who love Jesus experience betrayal and heartache; they even lose their jobs; they get sick and die.  So many disillusioned people today are those who willingly embraced a religion of illusion, and blamed God when the illusion bubble burst.
 
If you look at the first two chapters of Job, you discover that everything that could go wrong for a person went "wrong" for Job.  And Job's wife, who was a part of this whole scenario, finally came to the conclusion, "
Curse God and die."  While I know of no religious person who has said this, I do know those who have done this. But Job's response is classic and, quite frankly, foreign to most.  "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks.  Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?"  This utterance contains an alarming statement to most.  "Okay," they may say, "I can accept the fact of "good from God," but don't tell me to "accept adversity"------from God!?!?  While this is foreign to so many, there carries in it a declaration of victory.  All of this is from God, and it is the Blessed
Trinity Who is in charge of Job's life, not Satan.  Whether God did this to Job or allowed it does not matter to Job, nor does the debate dissuade him.  What keeps Job going is, "
As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth

The fact that Jesus lives and "
will take His stand on the earth" kept Job going when nothing else could.  As Jesus said of Abraham, He could just as easily say of Job, and, I pray of me and you.  He "rejoiced to see My day; and he saw it and was glad"-------- and was victorious.

Father, in Jesus' Name, as time goes by, I realize I understand less of what
I want to understand and more of You want me to understand.  Thank You.  Amen.  
***********************************
*     Please pray with us about a mission to Berlin and Albania this Fall.
*     I will try to send at least one news article directly to you and the      rest I will put on the APF Blog Site.  You Get Bombarded From The      Antichrist System, Why Not From the "Christ" System?!?                                   www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com


"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession. (http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000003)

Blog Archive