Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, January 9, 2009

Who And What Are Shaping Your Beliefs, Opinions, World View??

"Hurry, and say to that young man, 'Jerusalem will someday be so full of people that it won't have room enough for everyone!...For I, myself, will be a wall of fire around Jerusalem, says the LORD, And I will be the glory inside the city....After a period of glory, the LORD Almighty sent me against the nations who oppressed you.  for he said, 'Anyone who harms you harms my most precious possession (literally, "the pupil of my eye").  I will raise my fist to crush them, and their own slaves will plunder them.'  Then you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me.'" (The Lord's messenger to Zechariah-- NLT)
 
Notice the "wall of fire" is a Who, not a what.  Also notice that the angel/messenger says, "The LORD Almighty sent me against the nations who oppressed you."  Nations of the world: Beware!!  
 
The people who do not take the Bible seriously, and don't know history, will not take seriously or "know" our text.  By now you are probably upset with me because of the inundation of news from Israel which I have sent, but you are getting inundated from every place else, why not from me?!?  By the way, I thought today was the 8th and was ready to go to the rally in Pittsburgh.  Oh well, Einstein once said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge."  My "imagination" was ahead of my "knowledge"---- but according to the genius, "more important."
 
While I am quoting Einstein, here is another one.  "Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."  Far too many a Christian "uses his own brain too little."  He believes only what others tell him, what he or she reads or hears the  "prophetic gurus" saying, only what the pastor says, etc.  This is dangerous.  Yes, listen to and read others, but only while you are reading the Bible, thinking, meditating, and praying yourself, especially "in the spirit.Then you will be able to judge all things, be able to "try the spirits."  Your beliefs and actions will come from within.  Of course my "views" have been shaped and formed by mentors, but they are mine because I have done what the Bereans did.  "They...searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so." 
 
Is your world view, politics, economics, understanding of life in general Christ-Centered, Bible based, HOLY GHOST inspired, or just that of others?  Here is my advice to us all today:  "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."   (Jude 20, 21)
 
In the Name of Jesus, "Redeem Israel, O God, out of all their troubles."   Amen.
************************************
More articles on:    www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com
 
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



Blog Archive