Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, January 16, 2009

"The Kingdom of Heaven" Or "The Kingdom of......."

"I must preach the kingdom of God, to other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent." Jesus 
 
I sometimes wonder if the reason over the years I did not "preach the kingdom of God" more was that people were just not interested in "kingdom" talk.  I want to say, "no," but............................
 
Boardman says of the Kingdom of God, "If this is not 'glad tidings,' pray tell me what you mean by good news?"  Most Americans want "good news" preaching which is based on how God will bless them in the "kingdom of me" rather than in "the Kingdom of God."  (Surf the religious channels.)  Have we not learned yet that there is just no blessing in my kingdom, only selfishness and disappointment?  The blessing of the "King of kings and Lord of lords," Jesus the Christ, is the blessing we long for, but cannot find in a me-centered preaching, religion, life style.  
 
Even secular dictionaries define, "kingdom," as, "a country with a king as head of state."  In a Kingdom there is everything which constitutes a nation and culture----- head of state, government, economics, education.  Think of who has ruled your life in these areas over your lifetime.  If we contemplate seriously, we will see just how much we need the "Gospel of the Kingdom." 
 
Here is "kingdom" advice from Colossians 2 Amplified Bible--  "And you are in Jesus, made full and having come to fullness of life [in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-- and reaching full spiritual stature].  And He is the Head of all rule and authority [of every angelic principality and power]....Let no one defraud you....[Hold] fast to the Head...."------------- Jesus, King of the Kingdom of God.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, teach me to preach and teach---------- and live Your rule and Your Reign in my life, all of my life.  Amen.
***************************
Up to date news and commentary: www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com 
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



Blog Archive