Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Breathe Deeply and Exhale Obedience

"Did God really say...?"  (Genesis 3:1)

I heard on the news the other day that eHarmony, an Internet dating service, has been force by a court to now add homosexuals and lesbians to their service.  It has been reported that the founder and CEO is a Christian.  I know there will be some who say this is easy for me to say, but I would have closed the business.  The question is not, "What would Jesus do?"  Rather, and I coin a new phrase today, "What does the God-Breathing Word
command?!?"  I promise you; there will be many "opportunities" in the days and years ahead for Believers in Jesus Christ to make such decisions.  The question of our text is continually before you and me--- "Did God really say," i.e., "Is the Bible really the Breathe of the Godhead, or just some book I pick and choose my way throughout life?"

The Church in America is living in an ever changing America.  For over 100 years, seminaries have been challenging the God-Breathing Word before aspiring pastors with the same question Satan put to Eve--- "
Did God really say?"  Is it any wonder that the post war American generation grew up, looked at what they were handed and said, "I don't like the country you gave me."  Religious leaders had been saying that about the Bible for generations!  The latest eHarmony compromise reveals the answer to Satan of an acculturated church-- "You're right.  God didn't really say that." 

When Satanic forces challenge us do live contrary to the God-Breathing Word, there is only one response--- "God has
indeed said, and in every area of my life, I covenant to hearing and doing His Word."  So breathe deeply today and exhale obedience.  You just may find a new definition of "Fresh Air."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I say with the hymn writer, "Breathe on me Breath of God."  Amen.
***************************************
News and Commentary:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212962939x1200825291/aol?redir=http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp%26icid=aolcom40vanity%26ncid=emlcntaolcom00000001)

Blog Archive