Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Do You Believe This?" (Your Life Depends on "This")

"Do you believe this?"  (John 11:25c)

This is the question of life---------------- and your life depends on it.  There are many things of the God-Breathed Word which many people agree with, acknowledge, hope are true.  But what about that illusive reality called, "
believe?"

I received an e-mail earlier this morning that Becca's time may be very short in this life.  My heart sank.  I don't understand anymore than you do.  We can go back to the Garden and see what happened there, a sentence pronounced upon humanity, death, suffering ensued.  But there is another "Garden," the Redemptive Garden of Gethsemane.  It was there in Jesus' great trial, facing "
the death of the cross," the turning of the Face of the Father that we see the curse of Eden being reversed.  The forgiveness of sin and deliverance from the "power of darkness" was determined here.

There is much sin in the world, suffering, heartache------- dying.  But there is also much Grace here, because Jesus Christ is here.  And He is still saving from sin, giving peace and comfort to the brokenhearted. I stood at the grave of our son and heard very clearly His Word, "
I am the resurrection, and the life.  He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.  And whoever lives and believes in me shall never die."  But I also heard the last sentence which is usually left out of this oft quoted verse.  "Do you believe this?"

The promises
are "exceeding great and precious," but the issue that will determine our survival in life is-------------- "Do you believe this?"

Father, in Jesus' Name, I believe as I can.  Take me further in belief, trust, hope, faith, and love in You.  Amen.



**************
Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.
(http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

Blog Archive