Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, May 30, 2008

Self or Christ Image

"For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren...." (Romans 8:29--NASB)

Our text does not say that the Father predestined us to a good self image.  He predestined us to a
Christ Image.  Today we hear a lot of "self image" talk.  Poor Jane.  She just has such a poor self image.  Truth is, Jane is just as proud as those with a good self image.  The only difference is, they have it and Jane wants it.  I say to Jane (and those who are trying to bolster her self image), "Rejoice in your poor self image.  We should all have a poor self image, and trade it for the Image of Jesus Christ."  And how about this?--- "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me!!" 

Thus saith the Lord, "Stop trying to improve your
self image and work on your Christ Image.  Take your self image to the Cross, and let the Blood of Jesus deliver you from the image of self into the Image of Christ."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Dear Father!-- Keep me from pop religion!  Amen.



**************
Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
(http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)

Blog Archive