Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 6, 2008

There Is Only "One Thing" Which Will See You Through Life

"And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD."  (Psalm 27:6)

David could "
offer sacrifices of joy" and "sing praises to the LORD" in the midst of his enemies, because he had a life commitment and determination.  It is found in verse four-- "One thing I have desired...."  David was a "one-desire" person, and because of that "one desire," nothing could deter him from his faith, his confidence, and his absolute dependency upon the Lord Jesus Christ, Who was his "light and my salvation," and "the strength of my life."

You know enough about David's frailties and weaknesses to know that if he found this joy and praise in the midst of his struggles, you can also.  David was an adulterer and murderer who sank into deep depression over his sin.  He was betrayed by family and friends, accused falsely, the object of deadly jealousy, lost a wife, his first born, and, for a while, his "business."  Yet his head was "
lifted up above" all of this and he could still say, "I will offer sacrifices of joy...and sing praises to the LORD"--------------------------- the Lord who is my Shepherd, My "One Thing" in life.

Father, in Jesus' Name, may You always be my "One Thing."  Amen.



**************
It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
(http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)

Blog Archive