Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nothing Restrains The Lord Jesus Christ

"So he said to Him, 'O my Lord, how can I save Israel?  Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house.'  And the Lord said to him, 'Surely I will be with you."  (Judges 6:15, 16a) 
 
The answer to Gideon's question was, "Surely I will be with you."  Later in Israel's history, Jonathan would tell his armor bearer, "Nothing restrains the LORD from saving by many or by few."  Americans just cannot get this right.
 
art.rocketlauncher.jpg

Fighters from the Mehdi Army militia. 

Why can't M1 Abrams tanks, Humvees, helicopters, F 16s, and soldiers laden down with the finest battle equipment defeat these guys?  Two main reasons-- First, it is not a battle of equipment.  It is a battle of wills  and resolve.  Second, America has become a nation which has relied on the "many," not the, "Surely I will be with you."    

American Believers have a daily battle with the "Gideon Principle."  America thinks bigger and more is better.  We told the Living Triune God that now since we are a super power, our children could get by without His prayer and His Word starting the classroom day.  We are giving more time and freedom to the Koran, the Oprah's, Hollywood, and the economy than the Reign of Jesus Christ and His Word.  There is just no room any longer for, "Surely I will be with you." 

We continue to pray for America and other nations of the world to come to their senses, to realize that terrorists running around in jeans and tennis shoes, and Vietnamese transporting military equipment on bicycles will defeat the greatest equipped army in the world---------- if that army relies on, "by many" rather than, "by few."  But what about you today?  The only one for whom you can decide is yourself, not the nation or anyone else.  Break from the, "my clan is the weakest," and join the "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  If you do, victory is yours.

Father, in Jesus' Name, never let me forget that I cannot "save Israel" or anyone unless You fulfill, "Surely I will be with you."  Amen.  





Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

Blog Archive