Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Great Tent-Dweller

"Let me dwell in Thy tent forever...." (Ps. 61:4a-- NASB)----- Amen!
    
Some would call this "primitive faith."  Many times I listen to passages as well as read them, and when I heard this earlier this morning, there arose a deep longing, "Oh, Blessed Trinity, 'Let me dwell in Thy tent forever.'"  I can ask for nothing greater.  I said, "Dear Jesus, Let this be, to dwell with You, to live in You--------------- "forever!"  The strongest, "Amen," ever came from me.  Simple stuff?  I think not.  The invitation of Jesus and this longing in me is far deeper than any intellect.
 
The beauty of the revelation of Jesus many centuries ago is that to "dwell in [His] tent forever" was opened, in His Blood and Cross, to any person on the planet who has the same longing.  We don't have to beg for this.  We enter into this.  Here is what the Lord Jesus spoke to my heart this morning-- "You ask Me to let you dwell in My tent forever.  It is done.  Continue to dwell in Me as I have covenanted to dwell in you.  And never forget My invitation to you, which you heard so long ago, the invitation which is still to every living soul on earth: 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me.'"  He is not a "God afar off."  He is right there at that computer with you and in you, Your Father, Your Jesus, Your Holy Spirit, the Great Tent-Dweller-- Who is still longingly looking for the, "anyones" today.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to "join" You in looking for the "anyone" today.  Amen.



Blog Archive