Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Fivefold Ministry

"He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep...." (Psalm 121:3b, 4--NIV)

"Keep, protect, save, preserve, treasure"--- these are just some of the meanings of, "
watches over," in our text.  Five times in Psalm 121 the Holy Spirit reminds us that our Blessed Trinity is our "Watch-Over" God.  We have a lady in our congregation who has been battling breast cancer since last summer.  Her latest report was an "all clear."  She has been a person who has emanated, "He who watches over you will neither slumber nor sleep."

What goes through your mind when you hear of Believers in Jesus Christ going through the same divorces, the same financial problems, the same sicknesses which the unbeliever goes through?  Do you ever ask, "I wonder what waits for me?  When my time comes, how will I go?"  Maybe you never heard another Believer in Jesus ask those questions------------------------------ but they probably have entered your mind at times.  It's O. K.  It is a part of being human, facing the realities of life.  If my faith does not enable me to face reality, then it is a "faith" of man, not the faith of Jesus Christ. 

But "
fear not."  The promise of the Living Triune God in Jesus Christ to you, to me, to Israel today is that "He Who watches over you will neither slumber nor sleep."  No matter what you face, you will never have to wake up your Heavenly Father to tell Him about it.  If He seems to be doing nothing, that "seem" is not the reality.  Remember, five times He is telling you, "I watch over Mine.  I watch over Mine.  I watch over Mine.  I watch over Mine.  I watch over Mine."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I receive this fivefold promise today.  Amen.



**************
Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.
(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

Blog Archive