Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, February 25, 2008

"Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father"

"....At the Name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth....Every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."  (Philippians 2:10, 11--NLT) 
 
I have said that I will try to separate the political from the devotional.  Can't be done.  If you take that approach, you are saying there are certain things which belong to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and certain things which do not.  You cannot have your own little private "bless me club," your own "feel-good-about-me" religion and go on thinking and living as you always have.  Biblical theology attacks such attempts as pure folly.  
 
The Smile of Father comes when my life reflects Jesus Christ in Me-- "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me."  Whether I am in worship, prayer, in my home, my office, the market, or the polling place, the "will of Him who sent [Jesus]," and, "Jesus Christ is Lord," must be the "controlling" factor.  There is just no place where I am which Jesus is not.  There is no thought, no ideology, no vote in my life which is outside of the Reign of Jesus Christ.  If I think and live otherwise, I should no longer use the terms, "Christian," or, "Believer," to describe me.  Knee bowing and tongue confessing are only valid when every area of my life submits, not to my gender, ethnicity, or cultural upbringing, but to the "will of Him," and, "Jesus Christ is Lord."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, search every nook and cranny of my life to find anything not under Your control.  Amen.  
****************************
 




Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Blog Archive