Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

A JOURNEY THROUGH, "BE THOU MY VISION"

"....Let us...run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus...."  (From Hebrews 12:1 & 2)

"Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart."  Some believe that this song was first penned over 1500 years ago.

Jesus is the Lord of my heart, not primarily my mind.  My relationship in Jesus Christ is circular: it begins in my heart, yes, spends some time in my mind, but always comes back to my heart.  

The Berean Literal Bible says, "for in the heart is the belief unto righteousness...."  And, it is in the heart where life in Jesus "lives."  Our King Jesus is, "Lord of my heart."

Father, in Jesus' Name, continue to be, "Lord of my heart."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive