Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 1, 2024

THE TRUE NATURE OF WORSHIP AND PRAISE

"Let them praise the Name of the Lord, for His Name alone is exalted; His glory is above the earth and heaven."  (Psalm 148:13)

At least 12 times in this Psalm the psalmist exhorts you and me to, "Praise Him."  

Yet I remind us once again that worship and praise is not just we telling the Living Triune God, "I worship You; I praise You; I exalt You; I love You."  For every utterance, thought, expression of praise which you and I can offer to Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit, He is offering and  expressing to us much greater Words and expressions of love, fellowship, forgiveness, mercy than we can imagine.  

The Lord God of the Universe is not some Greek god sitting on a remote throne in the heavens somewhere expecting us to love and serve his ego.  Jesus is continually saying to you and me, "The Lord has appeared...to me, saying: 'Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, with lovingkindness I have drawn you'....The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (Jeremiah 31 & Zephaniah 3)

The Lord God is not a self-serving god on Mount Olympus.  He is, "Christ in us," continually, indwelling us in the true nature of worship and praise-------- fellowship and love.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that the love I pour on You cannot be equalled to Your love to me.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive