Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, April 21, 2024

"A PRAYER OF THE AFFLICTED"

"Hear my prayer, O Lord, and let my cry come to You."  (Psalm 102:1)

Our text is in a Psalm which is described as, "A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed and pours out his complaint before the Lord."

At one point the psalmist says that he felt like, "....a pelican of the wilderness; I am like an owl of the desert.  I lie awake, and am like a sparrow alone on the housetop."

Anyone with any humility will admit that we have been there.   Later, however, after the psalmist felt, "....alone on the housetop", he nevertheless declares, "But You, O Lord, shall endure forever....[You] shall regard the prayer of the destitute, and shall not despise their prayer."  Jesus is, "Faithful and True."         

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that you do, "....not despise [my] prayer."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive