Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 4, 2024

"'....NOW I WILL ARISE, 'SAYS THE LORD.'"

"'For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now I will arise,' says the Lord; 'I will set him in the safety for which he yearns.'"  Psalm 12:5) 

In September, 1982, I was taking off from the base in The Netherlands with hundreds of Bibles for Romania.  That morning Psalms reading included our text.

I had read the night before about a pastor who was caught transporting Bibles within Romania and was undergoing severe treatment by the police.  When some members of his family were able to see him, they could tell he had been tortured.  The two readings, of our Brother in Romania, and, "....the sighing of the needy," greatly affected me.

This is who Jesus Christ is to all who surrender their lives to Him.  There is no guarantee of the so many things for which people seek in their religion.  False prophets will tell them there is, but the truth is, "and you will be hated by all for My Name's sake."

Yet in the midst of life's trials is the King of Glory, Jesus Christ, "I will set him in the safety for which he yearns." Just let the King determined what that, "safety," is.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You that you heard this "poor" man sighing and, "....set him in the safety for which he yearns."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive