Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

ALONE AND ABANDONED

"Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me."  (Psalm 41:9, NIV)

I was at a prayer gathering the other night and saw an individual who just seemed so alone, even abandoned.  There are millions just like that person out there.

What about you?  Do you ever feel alone, abandoned?  Apparently David did.  It's okay to be in such a state; so many Biblical characters experienced such. 

The exhortation is, however, that we do not remain in such a state.  This is the reason we, "....run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus."  This is why we are of those who are, "forgetting those things which are behind and...press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

If you are currently feeling this aloneness, let me know so that I can pray with you.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray to be an encourager to any who are as that person I saw the other night.  Amen. 
.
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive