Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, October 23, 2023

THE MYSTERY OF THE CROSS

"....God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not reckoning their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the Word of reconciliation." (2 Corinthians 5:19)

You hear so often that, "God sent His Son to die on a Cross for our sins."  Or, "God laid all of our sins on Christ."  The theology is misleading.  God Himself was on that Cross. 

What occurred on that Roman Cross is what Paul describes in 2 Corinthians 5, "....God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself...."  Our Father and Holy Spirit were not in some far off place watching the event of the Cross, "....God was in Christ...," saving me from my sin, aka, myself.

And now?  God our Father and Holy Spirit are still in Christ...,"---- in me, keeping me, sustaining me, so that in the Living Triune God as, "....my Shepherd; I shall not lack."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You are my, "....very present help in trouble.  Therefore...."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive