Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, June 12, 2023

"FOR HE WROTE ABOUT ME"

"For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me."  (John 5:46)

You know as well as I that there are large passages of Scripture which leave us wondering, "What's it all about?"  Yet, along with our text, our Lord Jesus tells us in John 5:39, "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me."  Every time I read any Scripture, I keep this in mind.

The Bible tells us that, "All Scripture is God-Breathed."  This means all of the Law, the wars/killings, judgments, as well as the passages we "like."  But all of those passages we don't understand, which may even be repulsive to us, are about Jesus Christ, His Person, His Redemptive Work in His Precious Blood on the Cross of Calvary.  

May you and I walk in this glorious reality today:  "But the Helper (Comforter, Advocate), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you" (John 14:26).    

Father, in Jesus' Name, I receive this glorious promise.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive