Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, June 1, 2023

"....AND NOT GIVE UP"

"Then Jesus told His disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up."  (Luke 18:1, NIV)

I have written and preached on this text before, but today this was my Gospel reading.  It always "speaks" to me.

George Mueller, the German evangelist and director of the Ashley Down orphanage in Bristol, England, prayed for 52 years that one of his friends would come to Jesus.  It was not until after Mueller died that the friend surrendered his life to Jesus.  I have no excuse.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for Your constant reminders, exhortations and commands.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive