Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, December 22, 2022

DO WE MAKE OTHERS JESLOUS?

"....if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them." (Romans 11:14)

Paul desperately wanted his fellow Jews to surrender their lives to Jesus Christ. He apparently believed that the Gentiles beginning to follow Jesus just might, "provoke to jealousy," the Jews, not just by the conversion of said Gentiles, but also by something of what they saw in those surrendering their lives to Jesus, viz., the fruit of the presence of Jesus in His Followers. 

I had a thought: Do people see in me something of Jesus Christ that makes them "jealous" of what/Who I have in Jesus Christ in me?  When is the last time someone said to you and me, "I want what you have?"

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that the salt and life, which You say I am, would create a desire in others to know You.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive