Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 18, 2022

"....JUST AS MY MOTHER DID"

"Oh, turn to me and have mercy on me!  Give Your strength to Your servant, and save the son of Your maidservant."  (Psalm 86:16)

The NIV says, "....save me, because I serve You just as my mother did."  It seems like a good translation.

One lasting impression of my Mother is seeing her in their bedroom on a Friday night, sitting at her desk and preparing her lesson for the Sunday School class of young adults which she taught.  While so many were doing so many other things, this faithful, "maidservant," of Jesus Christ was faithfully guarding that which was entrusted to her.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that, "....I serve You just as  my mother did."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive