Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

THE GOSPEL IS "CHRIST IN US."

"Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."  (John 15:4)

Was it a typo, or was it a "Word from the Lord."  I almost typed, "As the Church cannot bear fruit of itself...."

At any rate, at least 11 times in the chapter Jesus says either, "in Me," or, "in you."  This is The, "in Me," and, "in you...faith of Jesus."  Now of course the Bible also says that the Blessed Trinity goes before us, comes behind us, "underneath are the Everlasting Arms," and the well-known, "Thou art with me."

The theology of John 15, however, is the New Covenant invitation for all of humanity, "Abide in Me and I in you."  This indeed is the power of the Gospel.  The Living Triune God does not need to be "welcomed in this place."  He is already here, there, everywhere, and most gloriously, "in you." and that is, "....the hope of glory."

Father, in Jesus' Name, the thought of You desiring to live in me is beyond any comprehension, but I so thank You for such love.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive