Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

"NEITHER"

"'Are you for us or for our enemies?...Neither,' he replied...."  (Joshua 5:13c & 14a) 

Joshua thought that there was his side and the other side.  There isn't.  Life says that there is only Jesus Christ's Side.  "....Dominion belongs to the Lord [Jesus Christ] and He rules over the nations."  

I spoke with a sad person last week.  That person just could not understand the whys of life.  There was a little "my side and the other side" in that person's life philosophy.  I remember thinking that I could be living my life the same way.  Losing a child is losing a large part of yourself.  By Jesus' grace and mercy, however, Jesus is still in my life as, "....commander of the army of the Lord I have now come."

Father, in Jesus' Name, keep me from a my-side-your-side life.  Amen.
***********************
Mission to Crow Country, August 14-25

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive