Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, July 28, 2022

BEWARE PREDILECTIONS

"One who turns his ear away from listening to the Law, even his prayer is an abomination."  (Proverbs 28:9, NASB)

According to our text, prayer is not the "answer to everything."  His Words must have "equal time."  I once told a very young person that prayer is you and I speaking to God.  The Bible is God speaking to us.  It's a two-way conversation.  We need to "hear" from, "The Word of God," Jesus, what the Living Triune God is saying to us, the best "prayer guide." 

I wonder how many prayers are not "answered" because we have not surrendered to, read, obeyed Jesus' Words, aka, The Scriptures/Bible, "....a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  Personally, I find more liberating power in praying and listening to Jesus' Words than mine.  

Father, in Jesus' Name, forgive any misplaced predilections.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive