Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Look At What Too Many Are Missing

"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-- for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree'--- in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham would come to the Gentiles, in order that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Here is a great three point sermon.  Point 2, however, is most often missing.

Evangelicalism is good at the "Get-saved-today" message, or, "Come to the altar and receive Jesus."  Now I'm not ridiculing anyone/thing here, but I do want to point out that so many times the, "....in order that..," is left out.  According to our text, what Jesus' death on the cross, "....redeemed us [for]..," is, "in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham would come to the Gentiles...."

Now, what I encourage you to do, so that you can either learn, or rediscover, what Jesus' Death and Resurrection did for you and me, is to look up what the Bible declares is, "....the blessing Abraham...."  Then, my friend, don't just rejoice, but lay hold of those tremendous blessings.  They are yours and mine in Jesus Christ. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that my friend and I will believe what You say and walk in, "....the blessing of Abraham...."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive