Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, June 5, 2021

"The Carpenter"

"Isn't this the carpenter?...." (Mark 6:3a)

Yes, "This...is the carpenter", and probably around 5'7, 150 lbs., and for sure a Middle Eastern Jew.

Personally, I find it quite a "worship experience" when I am reminded that The Living Triune God, Creator and Sustainer of the Universe, "Author and Perfecter of the Faith," The One Who Is, "from everlasting to everlasting," worked as a carpenter for a couple of the decades He was, "manifest in the flesh," perhaps, from time to time, even fetching water from the well in Nazareth.

So?  Well, the "so" for me is to beware of high-minded philosophy or theology, "deep," or any other "spiritual" endeavor which clouds Him, the One, "Who for us men and for our salvation, came...."  Jesus Christ is He Who, "....became flesh and dwelled among us," and, praise Him, "He is not ashamed to call [you and me] brethren."

Father, in Jesus' Name, my I never forget that You once practiced carpentry.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive