Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

"....This Is For All Humanity."

"When all has been heard, the conclusion of the matter is this: fear God and keep His Commands, because this is for all humanity.  For God will bring every act to judgment, including every hidden thing, whether good or evil."  (Ecc. 12:13, 14--CSB)

I finished reading through the Book of Ecclesiastes yesterday.  If I may share a suggestion: I have a suspicion that many of the "spirituals" among us rarely read Ecclesiastes.  Do it.  The old "preacher," the one who penned Proverbs and the Song of Solomon, had a "heaven-come-to-earth" experience.  

There is a message here of Jesus, "The Word of God," which is most likely, rarely considered in worship gatherings, sermons, "prophetic utterances."  I know from experience that modern "evangelicalism" struggles with the content.  Even though you and I may resist the "raw" truth of the Words in Ecclesiastes, may you and I never forget that, "All Scripture is God-Breathed," and as Our Lord Jesus Christ continually reminds us, "The Words that I speak to you (all of Them) are spirit and they are life."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank you for ALL Your Words.  Amen.
*********************
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:  Sarah and I are planning to be in Indian Country with the Crow Nation in Montana, August 29-September 3.
    
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive