Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Some Thoughts From Psalm 4

"Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!  You  have relieved me in my distress; have mercy on me, and hear my prayer."  (Psalm 4:1)

Please believe that I send these to you in the prayer that I can be of encouragement to you in your sojourn in Jesus Christ.  And I can tell you that if this verse encourages, blesses you half as much as it is me, then you are blessed.

"God of my righteousness."  This kind of, "God-Breathed," impartation has been occurring more and more to me in these days as I, "sojourn," through Sacred Writ.   Sometimes we look at our lives and wonder, "How could You have been putting up with me all these years, so many wrong choices, sin, failures, etc.?"  Well, the reality is that somehow in Jesus' Infinite Mercy and Grace, He has/does.

Verse four tells us, "Be angry," literally, "Tremble or Be agitated, and do not sin."  So I guess that if all which is transpiring in the earth which makes us, "angry, be agitated," it's okay, just don't let it become sin to us.  Jesus will show us what this means.

Verse 6:  "There are many who say, 'Who will show us any good?'"  Indeed, there are.  Answer?  "Lord [Jesus], lift up the light of Your countenance upon us."

Verse 8: "I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."  Have a good remainder!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I receive.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive