Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

I'm Giving You The Revelation Of A Mystery

"My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." (Colossians 2:2, 3--NIV)

The Greek text reads, "....the mystery of God Christ...."

When I was a little boy in the United Brethren in Christ, which then became the Evangelical United Brethren, then became the United Methodist, I remember how I loved the hymn, "Jesus Is All The World To Me."  No matter what I was as that little boy, it spoke to my heart, and it was for me worship.

I read our text on Monday, and I thought, I just have to share this with my friends.  It is rich; it is a worship text, a praise text, an intercession text, a missionary text, an evangelism text.  Whatever words mean so much to so many people, words and phrases which they use in their spiritual talk, everything and all things are in our text, "....the mystery of God--Christ, in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."  Read it several times; confess it; meditate on it, because the "it" is The He.

"....the mystery of God, namely, [Jesus] Christ."  One can pray, worship, read the Bible, listen to prophetic words, try to make sense of all that is transpiring in the earth, but until one realizes that God is a mystery Who can only be "known" in Jesus Christ, all is for naught, yes, for naught; therefore, I encourage you today to judge, discern, "try the spirits," all by, in, and through Jesus Christ.  Only in Jesus can one hope to have any glimpse of, "all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." 

"Not only do we know God by Jesus Christ alone, but we know ourselves only by Jesus Christ.  Apart from Him, we know not what is our life, nor our death, nor ourselves." (Blaise Pascal, Seventeenth Century French physicist and mathematician) 

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You so much that You unveiled the mystery of You in Jesus.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive