Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, December 6, 2019

Is It Okay?

"My spirit is broken, my days are extinguished, the grave is ready for me....My eye has also grown dim because of sorrow....My days are past, my purposes are broken off, even the thoughts of my heart."  (Job 17)

Some may not agree, but I have often wondered: If Jesus, Word of the Father, said that Job spoke what was right, could broken spirits find a sort of consolation in knowing that it might be okay to feel some of the things Job felt?

But of course, it is not "right" to wallow in a brokenness which defeats, leads to, "....denying the Lord Who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction."  Now may our Lord Jesus Christ, and you, forgive me if I ever seem to minimize any, "My spirit is broken...," but I'm sure you know as well as I that it is not the intent of Jesus for us to have a, "....spirit is broken," which leads to perpetual, "....my days are extinguished....My eye has also grown dim because of sorrow....My...purposes are broken off...."

There is a "brokenness" of which David speaks in Psalm 51, "A broken and a contrite heart...."  This is "right" brokeness; this is necessary for repentance; this is necessary for walking in Jesus Christ, akin to, "Blessed are the poor in spirit."  But a brokenness which leads to, "I quit," is from the pit of Hell.  You know that I know about this.  In June of 1970, I felt as Jonah, "The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my headTo the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever." 

As Job, I also was in, "My spirit is broken," and those "Jonah scenes" still pop up at times.  But I cannot thank our Lord Jesus Christ enough for His constant, continual, "ever-present ('muchness, abundance, well proved') help in trouble."  And, my friend, for me this is not a "yesterday experience."  It is day to day, moment by moment.  Today, anew, I celebrate the Healer of broken spirits, "He will not allow your foot to slip; He Who keeps you will not slumberBehold, He...shall neither slumber nor sleep", even when you and I do.

Father, in Jesus' Name, O Thou Healer of, "My spirit is broken," be the Healer to any who read this.  Amen. 
***********************
Read: "South Florida Dining With Hamas And The Taliban" at:   jhs58.blogspot.com  

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com

Blog Archive