Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

"....The Faith Among One Another"

"For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established-- that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me."  (Romans 1:11, 12)

Literally, "through the faith among one another."  This is, "the faith of Jesus."  This is the Church. 

We live in a world where everyone knows more and has better insight than others around them.  Not so Paul, nor should it be you and I.  Sharing in a group setting should never be dominated by one-up-man-ship.  We have probably all witnessed this at some time or another, maybe even participated in it.  There is just no place for this in the Church of Jesus Christ.  I need your faith, and you need mine, and that of others who are our fellow Followers of Jesus Christ.

We are called, "The Body of Christ."  We are, "members of one another."  We should live in the Church with the attitude of 80+ year old Mrs. Grise, "I listen to everything every Child of God has to say."  Do you?  Do I?  Why not make a commitment with me today to make sure we live by the theology of this saint now in Glory.  Listen to those persons who do not seem as smart as the rest, or as "anointed," or, seemingly to us, not as consistently full of "deep insight."  Our Lord has a way, which is evident throughout Scripture, of speaking to you and me in that person whom we just may not respect as we do some others.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I want to always walk in, "through the faith among one another."  Amen.
*******************
Shelly had some pre-cancerous cells.  The doctor said that in a scale of 1-4, her's were at 2.  They did a procedure to deal with them, and the doctors are satisfied with everything.  They just do follow-up checks to keep an eye on things.  Thanks for any continual prayers for her and us.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive