Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

"....I Will...Gather All Nations...."

"When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations, and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat...on account of My People....."  (Joel 3)

I know that my devotionals tend to not be the "feel good" ones which are so popular.  This is not to criticize them nor justify me, just the reality.

For me, the texts which I choose are "feel good" simply because they tell me and remind me of the Reign of Him Who is, "King of kings, and Lord of lords," even our Lord Jesus Christ.  I encourage all to read the Bible keeping in mind that every Word of God is, as Deuteronomy 6:24 tells us, "for our good always, that He might preserve us alive."!  Jeremiah reminds us that when the nations challenge the Reign of Jesus Christ, they, "shall know whose words will stand, Mine or theirs."

King Jesus has brought, "back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem," and He is still in the process.  The desert has blossomed and indeed is still blossoming, "as the rose."  And, I might add that Israel is still surrounded by enemies--- as it always has been.  Think for a moment, my friend: If this is true of Israel, how equally is it true for you and me?!?  When Jesus entered our very beings, He did in us what He did for Israel, "and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose."  Remember?  And it still will and can be if only you and I will walk moment by moment in Jesus Christ.

"I will also gather all nations, and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; and I will enter into judgment with them there...."  That Day is coming.  I don't take a, "Well, they'll get theirs," here, but it is true that they will.  Evil in the world has a day coming when it will face, "I will enter into judgment with them...."  All that I have written today is a reminder to us all that, "....in those days and at that time," much is going to happen, e.g, "....those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation."  An encouragement to us all today is the exhortation of Jesus, "Lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray we are all ready for, "that Day."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive