Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

"The Conclusion of the Whole Matter"

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments....And the name of the city from that day shall be: THE LORD IS THERE....He Who testifies to these things says, 'Surely I am coming quickly.'"  (Ecclesiastes 12:13a,b, Ezekiel 48:35, Revelation 22:20)

We are with family in Cincinnati, so I read ahead a little for this quarter; hence, today I finished this quarter's readings.  I have posted the concluding statements of Ezekiel and Ecclesiastes.

"Fear God and keep His commandments," which means, Obey the, "Words of God," Genesis 1:1-Revelation 22:21.  None are superfluous, no matter what our time-space minds might tell us.  If only you and I would always remember the life-saving Words of Deuteronomy 6:24 & 32:47, "And the Lord commanded us to do all these commandments, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always....They are not just idle Words for you-- they are your life."

And then Ezekiel closes his tremendous prophecy with, "THE LORD IS THERE."  The Word for, "THERE," is translated in another place as, "EVERYWHERE," which just about settles, "....the whole matter."  Of course, this is true, "now and forevermore, 'world without end, Amen.'"  Historically there has been a sense of "special presence," or such statements as, "the Lord left him," but the overall truth of the Godhead is, "THE LORD IS EVERYWHERE."  I know I don't fully grasp this.

What I can tell you, however, is that the, "EVERYWHERE," Presence is my great comfort, and this is affirmed in the Words of our Lord Jesus Christ, our Shepherd/King, "I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support.  [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)!"  Sarah and I celebrate 55 years of marriage today.  These Words of Jesus have been our sustenance and testimony in the "house of our pilgrimage," and are written in our hearts.

"Surely I am coming quickly." (Jesus)

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You are, "the conclusion of the whole matter."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive