Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

"....Till I Entered The Sanctuary of God"

"When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God...." (Psalm 73:16, 17a--NIV)

I caution today that we not be an I-already-knew-that kind of person.  There is so much more that we don't already-knew-that. 

I never thought of myself like our text.  I have always thought that I was an "accepter."  But I'm not so sure.  Perhaps I have been more of a, "tried to understand all this," than I have realized.  Maybe it's the theologian in me.

I can say, however, that in some of the, "tried to understand all this," I have come to more and more of an appreciation, gratefulness, worship of the Living Triune God.  I am finding out that, "tried to understand all this," has led me "closer" to Jesus, more dependent, more thankful, more worshipful.  As I read the entirety of Psalm 73 today, I had a sort of epiphany, defined as, "the reality or essential meaning of something."    

"....till I entered the sanctuary of God."  This is the "answer," the "breakthrough" for whatever, "tried to understand all this," is in front of us.  For me, "....the sanctuary of God," is not a location, gathering, anointed meeting, etc.  It is living in Father's, Son Jesus', and Holy Spirit's Presence, He dwelling in me, and I dwelling in Him. 

The Psalmist looked at what seemed to be life's unfairness, the wicked doing quite well and he doing not so well.  It didn't make sense to him, "....till I entered the sanctuary of God."  If I may the "sense" of life is Jesus Christ Himself.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I can explain so very little.  Thank You so much for, "the sanctuary of God."  Amen.
****************************************
Tomorrow at 10:15 I go in for the surgery.  I so appreciate those who have indicated that they will be praying for me.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive