Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

"Ghost Riders In The Sky"

"Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to Your love remember me, for You, Lord, are good." (Psalm 25:7, NIV)

Some are plagued by the past much more than others.  The sin, mistakes, bad decisions all add up to a daily battle of thoughts.  They are like "Ghost Riders in the Sky....Their riding hard to catch that herd, but they ain't caught them yet.  They're riding hard forever on that range up in the sky."  The "word" of the Lord today to any who are so plagued, "Stop chasing that 'herd.'"

The psalmist had those days, "Do not remember...my rebellious ways."  Perhaps, "the sins of my youth," were riding across the "sky" of his mind, always riding, searching for an end which just would not appear.  That's what sin is, you know, "....rebellious ways," and the purpose of the Enemy is to ever bring our sin before us.  Yet we also know that the Bible tells us in both the Old and New Testaments, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us....Their sins and iniquities I will remember no more."  This is the Word of Jesus.

If our Lord Jesus Christ says, "I will remember no more," then perhaps it would be good for us to also, "....remember no more."  Yes, as with many of, "the Words of God," we might say, "Easier said than done."  But we must remember that Jesus both says these Words and has "done" these Words, "in His Cross."  It was there Jesus took, "....the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways...in His Own Body on the Tree."

The Bible tells us, "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the Devil."  And never forget that, "the works of the Devil", have the intent to destroy you and me, defeat us in life, keep us from rejoicing in our Jesus, our Savior, our Salvation.  The prayer of today's text is answered.  It was answered, the "problem solved," in the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, and, as the old chorus declares, "all sorrow has gone, the glory has shown, and now I am free."  Walk therein.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I repent of not forgetting what You have forgotten.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive