Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 2, 2018

The Bible Records Jesus' 100 Year Walk With One Man

"I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing."  (Genesis 12:2)

I am reading from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22 consecutively during these last two months of the year.  It is a departure from my regular program.  I noticed something this time after reading the first 20 chapters of Genesis yesterday and 21-40 today.  For about 100 years of history (chapters 12-25) it was only one man and the Living Triune God Himself, walking together in fellowship, God taking care, guiding, etc.  And people have the nerve to say, "I just can't understand how God could care about me, a nobody."

Big Universe?  "Big" does not begin to describe the endlessness of "space."  And right now the "arms" of the Eternal Godhead are guiding human history, "dealing with" men and nations, and, so too your daily life, right there where you are, right now.  Never forget just how much truth there is in Jesus "walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own."  You do matter.  Nothing about you and me is too small for "The Eternal One."  He took Abraham as a relatively young man and walked with him for 100 years, one lonely creature in the universe. 

So, the next time you read in the Bible of Jesus as, "King of kings and Lord of lords," His dealings with rulers of vast empires, remember that He is also your Ruler, King and Lord and Savior and Deliverer and....  Evangelicalism uses the term "personal Savior."  Yes, Jesus died for all, and He also died for you as an individual, "This is how God loved the world, He gave His Only Son, that whoever...."  Our Lord Jesus wants me to remind you today that you are His, "whoever."

Father, in Jesus' Name, so small am I.  So "large" are You.  Yet You have chosen to live in me.  Thank You.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive