Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

No "Slipping" Or "Sliding"

"Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity I have also trusted in the Lord; I shall not slip."  (Psalm 26:1)

There is an internal strength implied here of which we should take particular note today.  The Word for, "slip," is translated by other versions as, "slide," "falter," literally, "I do not slide."

I have noticed something over the years of sojourn that everything about me seems at times to yield to, "slide," or, "falter," mode.  But the Lord Jesus Christ is exactly the incarnation of Deuteronomy 7:9, "Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments."  The Covenant in the Blood of Jesus is the "rock" of our lives.  Jesus is literally my "Keeper." 

We can be at times like boats which I have seen anchored in a bay.  While the winds and the waves come and go with variant intensity, the anchor keeps the boat from "sliding" out into "the deep," into lostness.  This is the work of Jesus Christ in our lives.  He is, "....the faithful God who keeps covenant...."  We can say also that Jesus is, "the faithful God who keeps...." 

We all know the popular phrase, "Jesus saves."  Here is an implicit one: "Jesus keeps."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am so much thankful today for Your keeping me.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive