Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, November 12, 2018

From The Tabernacle To The Temple

"....As the Lord spoke to my father David, saying, 'Your son, whom I will set on your throne.., he shall build the house for My name.'" (1 Kings 5:5b)

As Israel traveled through the wilderness, then through the times of the Judges and David, the Tabernacle was "mobile."  Of course the "Wilderness times" we know were such, but also the time of the Judges, and in a very real sense, during the time of Saul and David.  It was during the reign of Solomon that the Temple was built, which indicated a "fixed" place of worship, I think one could even say, a "fixed" place of the manifest Presence of the Godhead.

In Jesus Christ, the People of God became "mobile" again, e.g., I am here; you are there.  There is no longer any "temple" or "tabernacle" location for us in this age.  There is the reference to Jesus, "a Minister of the sanctuary, and of the true Tabernacle, which the Lord erected and not man."  I am not going into all of the implications here, viz., types, foreshadows, and prophetic fulfillment, but there is definitely a Heaven reference here. 

I just want us to be encouraged today in our "mobility" in Jesus Christ, no fixed place of worship, no "hide-and-seek" Presence, no "getting to some place."  The Bible tells us, "In Him we live and move and have our being."  This reality should keep us ever mindful of, "Abide in Me, and I in you."  In a car, train, office, shopping center, no matter.  We are the "children of His Presence."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that my "mobility" will only manifest in, "Follow Me."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive