Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, October 18, 2018

"THIS--- Is The Covenant That I Will Make...."

"For this is the covenant..; I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts...."  (Hebrews 8:10, KJV)

When Jesus' Law is, "into their mind,..and...in their hearts," His Law/Word is in our very beings, our life style.  If His Words are not in my mind and heart, they are obvious external, and, as with religion of man, I have to go outside myself to "get" them, to whatever extent that is possible.

This is the classic case of "outside vs. inside" religion.  Religions of man are outside religions.  The "Religion," or better yet, "the Faith of Jesus," is an "inside job."  Now if people want a "come-into-His-Presence" religion, or a going-to-a-book religion, or you-have-to-be-somewhere-special-to-sense-Presense religion, then have at it.  I prefer, "the faith of Jesus," which is the, "Abide ('stay, remain') in Me," faith, the faith of, "....the [New] Covenant..;  "....into their mind, and...in their hearts." 

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the very fulfillment and embodiment of, "My Laws," in our text, and, by virtue of Jesus' Blood, Jesus' Death, Jesus' Resurrection, right now we can walk in the victory and certainty that we do not have to wait for some day, but right now, "into their mind...and in their hearts," is the reality of our relationship in Jesus.  Don't let pop phrases and "theology" rob you of the tremendous Truth of today's text, which just happens to be true Biblical Theology.  Jesus Christ lives IN you and me, as do His Words.  And because Jesus lives IN us, Jesus' Words are, "into their mind, and...in their hearts."  And, Glory to the Blessed Trinity, we are the, "their," there!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so very much thank You that You will keep telling me this until I really "get it."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive